I'm Adrian Sieber (as you might have figured out by now…) and I'm a Software Engineer / Entrepreneur / Author living in Germany, Potsdam.
Previously I studied IT-Systems Engineering at the Hasso Plattner Institut.
If you're interested in my work make sure to check out my projects at code.adriansieber.com as I publish all my open source work there.
Apart from work I used to make a lot of music, both electronically and with traditional instruments like the Saxophone and the Piano. However, recently I only find time to grab my ukulele now and then and to strum and sing along to my favorite pop/rock songs.
As sitting in front of the computer the whole day is rather unhealthy I regularly go jogging and work out in the fitness studio. In addition I like to go skiing in winter and sailing in summer.
Supporting Good Causes
True to the motto "Put your money where your mouth is" I like to join non profit organizations supporting my beliefs:
- FSF - Free Software Foundation.
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. - Society for computer science.
- IBKA e.V. - International League of non-religious and atheists.
- Pro Rauchfrei e.V. - German organization to protect non smokers.
- The Dozenal Society of America - Promoting the base 12 number system.
- U.S. Metric Association - Promoting the metrication of the U.S.
- Wikimedia e.V. - German branch of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Zwanzigeins e.V. - Fix pronunciation of numbers in German (twenty-one instead of one-and-twenty).
I also regularly donate to free / open source software projects: