I'm Adrian Sieber (as you might have figured out by now…) and I'm a software engineer / entrepreneur / author living in Germany.
Previously I studied IT-Systems Engineering at the Hasso Plattner Institut.
If you're interested in my work, make sure to check out all of my open source projects at github.com/ad-si.
Apart from work I used to make a lot of music, both electronically and with traditional instruments like Saxophone, Piano, Guitar, and Ukukle. However, nowadays I barely find the time anymore, but when I do I prefer my new favorite instrument, the LinnStrument.
As sitting in front of the computer the whole day is rather unhealthy I regularly go for a run and work out in the fitness studio. In addition I like to go skiing in winter and sailing in summer.
Supporting Good Causes
True to the motto "Put your money where your mouth is" I join non profit organizations supporting my beliefs and donate regularly to them (you should too 😉):
- Atmosfair - Compensating around 22 Mg (1 Megagram == 1 Ton) of CO2 per year.
- CO2Abgabe e.V. - German organization demanding a CO2 tax.
- FSF - Free Software Foundation.
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. - Society for computer science.
- IBKA e.V. - International League of non-religious and atheists.
- Pro Rauchfrei e.V. - German organization to protect non smokers.
- The Dozenal Society of America - Promoting the base 12 number system.
- The Internet Archive - Archive of internet sites, texts, and multimedia
- U.S. Metric Association - Promoting the metrication of the U.S.
- Wikimedia e.V. - German branch of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Zwanzigeins e.V. - Fix pronunciation of numbers in German (twenty-one instead of one-and-twenty).
I also regularly donate to free / open source software projects: